3D LASER SURVEY FOR 2D AS-BUILT DRAWINGS, ELEVATIONS AND SECTIONS
OUR LONDON TEAM WILL SCAN, PROCESS DATA AND PRODUCE HIGHLY ACCURATE AND DETAILED AS-BUILT DRAWINGS FOR YOUR PROJECT
- At Red Laser Scanning, we use FARO S70 3D laser scanners in order to produce the most accurate and detailed plans as possible. We work with and can produce any format of drawing you need. It is part of our dedication as a leading 3D laser scanning survey company in London.
- Many clients ask us why they need 3D laser scanning services when they already have 2D plans for their property. In reality, the majority of those plans are only blueprints. Therefore, there may be a need for more detailed measured building survey services.
- Blueprints are a set of proposed drawings and elevations at the time of construction or refurbishment of a building. However, in the majority of cases, blueprints will never match what was actually built.
- It is, therefore, not highly recommended that you rely on blueprints’ data accuracy for a new design proposal. A 3D laser scanning survey will offer much more detail and confidence.
- The reasons for avoiding blueprints are clear. In the worst-case scenario, if a new design was based on inaccurate data, it may not be possible to build that design in reality – and, therefore, it will cause extra overheads in variations and delays in project completion dates. This could lead to extra overheads for contractors’ preliminary expenses, too.
- 2D as-built drawings through a 3D laser scanning survey company, therefore, are likely to save you money in the long run.
BENEFITS OF HAVING 2D DRAWINGS GENERATED BY 3D LASER SCANNING
SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE ENVIRONMENTS
Due to non-contact methods, a 3D laser scanning survey is perfect for sensitive environments and objects
Used by the majority of contractors, designers and architects
Measurements are accurate, which means precise, reliable drawings and designs
Our pricing for 3D laser scanning services are the most competitive in London
OUR LONDON TEAM DELIVERS AS-BUILT DRAWINGS, SECTIONS, ELEVATIONS
At our London Red Laser Scanning company, the process of generating as-built drawings and elevations takes place through using the latest, leading 3D laser scanning survey equipment.
An initial 3D laser scanning survey is conducted at the site, where millions of 3D points are captured of the desired working area. The scans are then converted into a single point cloud file, which is then used as a background reference to create measured building survey drawings, or any 2D drawings, sections or elevations for your London project.
Unlike 3D, 2D drawings only sit on the x and y-axes. These represent width and length. 2D, therefore, does not represent any depth, shade or shadow of an object, making it the simplest and most common method to produce data, but not the simplest to read or work from.
- Floor plans
- Roof Plans
- Internal Elevations
- External Elevations
- Ceiling Plans