GROUND PENETRATING RADAR (GPR) UTILITY SURVEYS
GROUND PENETRATING RADAR (GPR) UTILITY SURVEYS
Specialists in GPR Survey, Utility Mapping, Underground Mapping Surveys will identify:
- Buried services, such as gas and water services
- Non-metallic as well as metallic pipes
- Location and depth of buried services
- Voids below the surface, such as air pockets or mine shafts
- Inconsistency such as concrete and previously excavated areas
GET A QUOTE NOW
We aim to reply within 10 minutes
About our GPR survey service
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is a fully non-destructive technology that allows you to look and investigate the below-surface environment. The GPR equipment will detect underground features by transmitting a signal to the ground, and receiving reflections. We are able to calculate the depths of any detected features by comparing the time delay between the transmitted signal, and the reflections received.
With GPR equipment, we are able to detect most types of underground features:
- Air voids
- Geology – layers in the ground
GPR will provide the locations of sub-surface features and determine the complete information on how the structure was built.
Our GPR survey applications
Our ground penetration radar (GPR) survey services have been used for a wide range of applications including:
- Construction surveys. Data from GPR survey can offer details on general construction arrangements like layer thickness, changes in material type or location of structural steelwork.
- Concrete mapping surveys. Using a GPR, we can conduct a thorough inspection of walls, floors, decks, garages, balconies and even tunnels, offering the most accurate resolution and the best depth.
- Chimney flue location surveys. Our radar services can help locate and map chimney flues that are rendered in CAD drawings or marked on-site.
- Rebar location and mapping surveys. Using GPR equipment, it can determine the rebar distribution, cover thickness and overall concrete slab thickness.
- Embedded steel location. Our surveys offer a non-invasive method for determining embedded steel location in masonry works.
- Roads, runways and pavement surveys. Our GPR is capable of determining pavement and layer thickness, identifying de-bonding between layers, and detecting voids.
- Buried object location. A GPR survey is the safest and most efficient method for reaching buried locations such as graves and storage tanks.
- GPR Utility surveys. GPR is the only technology that’s capable of locating gas, electric, water, and fibre optic connections without the need to dig or destroy concrete structures.
- Hazardous waste. In the instance of leaks and contamination, a GPR can assess the extent of damage without putting any human at risk.
- Foundation investigation surveys. Our radar services is a smart solution for locating, investigating, and determining the extent of footings and foundations.
BENEFITS OF OUR GROUND PENETRATING RADAR (GPR) UTILITY SURVEYS
Highly Accurate Deliverables
Receive deliverables from our fast GPR survey and radar services. Expect highly detailed and reliable 3D point cloud data, and 3D BIM models by GPR survey specialists from our surveyors and technicians.
Swift & Efficient Turnaround
We produce your desired deliverables through systematised processes and vast knowledge of the GPR survey industry for a cost-efficient turnaround.
Our professional team is always attentive to delivering the best for your project. Our flexible approach allows you to receive an optimised measured to survey service for your GPR and radar survey needs without disruptions.
We use leading 3D scanning technology to capture precise data up to 1 million points per second. Benefit from high-quality equipment to receive the level of detail needed for your GPR survey requirements.
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Utility Surveys FAQ
A GPR scanner is capable of locating a wide range of defects, failures, problems and risks that are otherwise difficult or impossible to find without causing disruption to the site.
It depends on the type of material surveyed. With low conductivity materials like granite or dry sand, you get depths of up to 100 feet. High conductivity materials, on the other hand, may not yield as much depth due to the absorption of GPR signals.
Using our software and the latest technology in radar services, we can transfer data in the format that you prefer depending on how you’re going to use this information for your projects.
Yes, these are two of the details that will be provided to you if you book us for your GPR survey. A scanner will calculate depth and thickness through GPR signals.
Yes, it can differentiate between rebar and service conduits or rebar and tendons. Our technology can provide a very detailed description of a subsurface site.
The cost of a GPR survey will depend on factors such as materials, location and the level of detail required by the client. Get in touch with us for a quote.
Other 3D laser scanning survey services you might be interested in:
Obtain underground data using our underground utility survey services. Our surveyors identify critical features from the subsurface and will ease your construction project.
Our CCTV drain inspections will gather complete analysis to identify any problematic blockages or damages and allow you to avoid any further complications in the future.
3D LASER SCANNING SURVEYS
Capturing three-dimensional information about a physical structure through non-contact 3D laser scanning technology. Our laser scanning survey provides detailed deliverables no matter the scale.
SETTING OUT ENGINEER
Our experienced surveyors are incredibly skilled in site controlling and setting out positions, site boundary levels and columns to reduce the of mistake before construction.