Location: Church of Santa Maria of Rifugio, Beffi - Acciano (AQ) Italy
- 3D Point cloud in colour
- 2D AUTOCAD drawings, scale 1:50
The Church of Santa Maria of Rifugio, constructed in 1638 in Beffi, Acciano (AQ), faced the need for restoration planning following the seismic event of April 6th, 2009. To address this, a laser scanning survey was commissioned to provide a thorough analysis, offering precise insights into the geometrical and dimensional aspects, structural typologies, and information on the instability of the Church during its precarious state.
Our laser scanning equipment boasts the capability to capture coloured scan data. During the laser scanning process, the scanner not only records the spatial data but also captures high-resolution photos. This allows for the colorization of the scan data, using real colours derived from the measured points scanned by the laser and the pixels from the accompanying high-resolution photos taken by the internal cameras of the scanner, all from the same setup position. The resulting coloured scan data is then seamlessly imported into the CAD environment to facilitate the creation of detailed 2D drawings.
The incorporation of chromatic information is integral to the restoration process, providing a nuanced understanding of the architectural features to be represented in the drawings. By leveraging advanced technology in this way, our survey approach ensures accuracy, detail, and a comprehensive foundation for the restoration planning of the Church of Santa Maria of Rifugio.
Why is Digital Surveying Essential for Restoration Planning:
Heritage buildings and archaeological sites are highly valued within every industry and community to capture, reflect and keep the history and perception. Surveying a heritage property or conservation area is required to restore the property, preserve fragile sites, develop planning and protection, and archive important data in case of accidents, such as natural disasters.
What are the key benefits of restoration planning?
- Precision and Detail: Achieve accuracy within 2 mm in scan data and graphic reproductions, ensuring a meticulous representation of existing conditions.
- Flexible Deliverables: Receive scan data in your preferred format—Point Clouds, As-built 2D Drawings, and 3D BIM Models—for effective collaboration among team members.
- New 3D Information: Enhance existing data with intricate 3D details, providing a comprehensive understanding of structures.
- Non-Invasive Technique: Safeguard fragile historic features using non-invasive technology, executed with care and precision.
- Digital 3D Database: Create an accessible Digital 3D database for anytime extraction of new information, eliminating the need for further on-site investigations.
Our goal is to produce and deliver exceptional data and information to help preserve and document the existing historical heritage across the UK and Europe.
WHO WE WORK WITH
ARCHITECTS & DESIGNERS
Point clouds/ DWG / Revit
Pre-construction / as-built surveys and Virtual Design and Construction
Quality control during construction