Location: Fenchurch St, London
- Complete laser scanning measured survey
- External Elevations
- 3D LOD4 Model
Red Laser Scanning heritage team completes a colour laser scanning survey of a 5-storey listed building with classical detail, covering GIA of 6000m2. We delivered external elevations and 3D Revit LOD4 Models, showcasing high-level of detail as specified by the client.
The measured survey is provided according to the latest edition of the RICS professional guidance document for measured surveys of land, buildings and utilities. The client-architect required a model of the historic Collcutt building to analyse and review the detail of cladding, brickwork, doors and other historic features. The surveying team gained access to the building’s upper floors and roof to help gather details from the top when finalising the external elevations in RVT, DWG and PDF Scale of 1:50 and 3D LOD4 Models produced in Revit.
What to expect from red laser scanning?
Our expertise in 3D laser scanning is defiant and noteworthy in London measured building survey. How do we stay on top of quality and provide the best detail? Our 3D laser scanners and other necessary equipment are fully calibrated and reviewed daily to ensure it is used efficiently and correctly. Our laser scanners can catch an accuracy of +/-1mm, as it captures up to 1,000,000 points per second. We also ensure full RAMS will be issued. Our surveying team is supervised by a senior project manager to ensure security is on top priority for your project and the team. In addition, we offer Webshare Cloud service along with pictures, which is exceptionally useful for clients in architecture and design.
Side View of LOD4 Model
What is webshare?
- Webshare Cloud is a cloud-based hosting platform. Red Laser Scanning has its own domain on Webshare Cloud, where our 3D laser scanning projects are stored.
- Projects can be promptly accessed by an unlimited number of users using just a web browser and internet connection.
- The platform allows you to travel through the measured building survey in the exact positions of the scanner at the time of the survey.
- Coordinates of any point visible on 360 degrees panoramas can be checked, and the distance between two selected points and area selected on an Overview map. If the scans were acquired together with photos, the project on Webshare Cloud can be acquired in colour.
Red Laser Scanning continues to deliver highly detailed deliverables such as as-built 2D drawings and 3D LOD3 or LOD4 Models. We target every quality project in London and the UK with the utmost precision and accuracy for historical and heritage building cases and large-scale commercial projects.
Side External Elevation View
2D External Elevation
WHO WE WORK WITH
ARCHITECTS & DESIGNERS
Point clouds/ DWG / Revit
Pre-construction / as-built surveys and Virtual Design and Construction
Quality control during construction